Pages

Wednesday 5 February 2014

4# What I Wore Today (Birthday Boons)

It's time for an upbeat, fashion-based post beyond sarcasm and moping thank the Lord in HEAVEN on high oh my days!

Recently it was my birthday, and, due to the amazing generosity and help of my parents and wonderful friends, I had some shopping money to spend! Being on an incredibly strict budget due to my small income, I haven't been able to 'let loose' for ages, so this was a welcome leash into the retail outlets! I also had fun nights out which were included in the funds, so would like to point out I didn't go mental and fashion a whole new wardrobe!

However, it is always fun to have a nose through people's hauls. So here we are my friends, here are my 'Birthday Boons'...
Skirt | Firetrap | Sale at £6

First up, this awesome stretchy, knitted skirt. It's really long, well, average length on me! And I love how, at different angles, it shows sparkly blue bits! You can layer this with long tops or crop jumpers, or even wear it for nights out, a-which I am planning of course! Wait up for the Instagram of that one yeh? Anyways, #love

Dress | H&M | £7.99
Denim dress | Primark | £5
Jumper | Primark | £10
Top | Primark | £3
Skirt | H&M | £8.99

Here are a selection I got from my trip to Nottingham, and many thanks to Camilla for style-advising them for me! First is the simple drop-waist black dress from H&M, perfect for day wear, and my work, and is an easy, flattering shape. The denim dress and white fluffy jumper from Primark are everywhere at the moment, and totally worth the indulgence, it's like hugging a Polar bear when I wear it! The black top is a high neck, a refreshing shape in today's market, perfect for adding that edge to an ensemble, and works really well with this awesome coral-floral skirt, which looks like shorts from the front.

Sleeve cut-out top | New Look | £8.99
Buz Lightyear | TopShop | Sale at £5
Harems | Miss Selfridges | Sale at £8
Bobble hat | New Look | Sale at £4

The top with the cut-outs on the sleeve was an impulse buy and something I have been DYING to have for ages! I love it, so casual and cooooolll, it's also really long, so great for those legging pairings. The Buz Lightyear top is supposed to be nightwear but why hide a passion for Disney?? This baby is seeing daylight! The Harem trousers are made from this chiffony type material, and will be perfect for summer, especially at my work! I literally don't have any loose fitting trousers (just skinny jeans and leggings), that this will be a welcome break around the nether-regions, sorry to be blunt, but it's true!

Bralet | TopShop | £18
Jeans | TopShop | £36

The last two items are, quite obviously, the most expensive of my purchases, but they are also my key pieces. First off, is the black bralet top. I have been looking for a decent bralet for ages now, and could never seem to find the right balance of top/bra combo. Everything was either too lacy, or basically a crop top. I have small boobs, and under-wiring pees me right off. I am making a slow and effective change of my lingerie collection, to something more lightweight and simple, bralets being one of them. Perfect for summer, perfect for wearing under baggy tops (as shown), this is my fave and is totally brilliant. P.S. yes, feel free to perv at the pictures, what-evs. The second is TopShop's ultra high-waisted skinnies. These have been around for ages, and I've even been in a few times to try them on, fall in love, and sadly put them back because of the price. Now, thanks to my wonderful friends Helen, Grace and Anja, it has now been possible to buy them. Finally!! xx

Lip stick "Strong" | LUSH | Sale at £7.50
Eye shadow "Brownie&Clyde" | Body Shop | Sale at £3.50

Last, but not least, is a little display of my make-up looks, in case it interests any of you! We have gone from autumnal dark browns with a neutral lip, to a pop-modern cat-eye liner and bright red lippy. When I can be bothered, I love trying to play with different styles, and the best change of dynamic comes from a bit of lippy. I have everything from bold red, to pinks and purples. Try a different colour from your usual, and see how it changes your 'aesthetic'!


So that's it folks! Hope you've had a good gander through my new collection! This is it now for the next long while while I continue saving the pennies. The idea is to clever buy, and not buy to waste, though a little treat here and there can sometimes be allowed ;-)

Till next time! x

P.S. thank you sooooooo much to all my other friends and colleagues who treated me to naughty birthday gifts this year. They have all been eaten, drunk and placed with pride amongst my collections. Thank you, thank you!

No comments: