Pages

Friday 22 February 2013

2# What I Wore Today

Yep. This one's been on the back burner for a while now, so this isn't exactly a 'today' issue either! The whole phrase eludes to a far more proactive person than myself, but it highlights a genre of fashion posting anyhow!

This look is a lot more unconventional, for me anyway. Being a tall, very tall person, I tend to steer away from anything that exaggerates the length of my body, long coats, long skirts. However, with this, I have gone for a long skirt. I have so many posts on my Pintrest of winter layering, and the long skirt is one of my favourites. I love how you can team it with long cardi's, jumpers, socks, socks with stockings! So much potential for colours and texture. Of course the trend in these aspects is wollen and muted greys and pastels. It's just so cute. A variant between Russian country and japanese lolita. Unfortunately my wardrobe is lacking the exact items or colour scheme to pull off this look perfectly, but hey ho.


I think I have achieved a relatively 70's vibe this time. The jumper is quite tight fitting and is a multicoloured and patterned piece. I have border-line gone too far with the long skirt, which is also patterned and draped. The cut is simple though, and being a much darker colour than the jumper, I think I can get away with it. My favourite addition to this outfit is my layering of stockings and woolly grey socks (excuse the slight dirty picture, I'm just making it easy for all the pervs out there). It's a detail that most people won't see but you feel better for knowing it's there. I wore flat, black ankle boots to carry off the vintage vibe, and kept to one bracelet for accessories, which I think picks out the gold and greens in the overall outfit. Seeing as there is a lot of pattern going on, I kept my hair straight and brushed out, and opted for neutral make up, with nothing more than my favourite eye flick. I'm just not a heavy make up kinda gal!


Jumper | Made by my Granny | FREE
Skirt | Charity Shop | Roughly £3
Stockings | Primark | £1.50
Socks | H&M | Gift from friend
Shoes | Outfit | £15
Bracelet | Oliver Bonas | Gift from friend

No comments: